Tuesday, August 09, 2005

We just got back from Pennsylvania! We went to Hershey park on Monday and Dutch Wonderland today. It was cool because at Hershey it rained for like 20 minutes so went in to see a show (5 guys performed something like "Stomp"). When we came out 20 minutes later, the sun was out and the park was pretty empty! None of the rides had lines. We got to go on all the big rollercoasters and water rides. I love when things like that happen! Dutch Wonderland is in Lancaster - in the heart of Amish country. It's actually an Amish amusement park with rides and attractions for kids up to 12 years old. But adults have fun too. The rides are tame and there's a cool water-play area. Many Amish families go there.

And today is J's birthday!! My sweet middle baby is 9 years old today! I can't believe it. Here are some pictures from the last 2 days! (I'm getting faster with getting them up now, lol):







_________________________________________

These last 2 are shots of the NYC skyline from Brooklyn through my car window. It looked so pretty at sunset:


3 comments:

Janet said...

We would love to go to Hershey park. Never heard of Dutch Wonderland before but it sounds really neat, going to definitely check it out.

Happy Birthday J!!!

NYCitymomx3 said...

Dutch Wonderland is only 30 minutes from Hershey. It's just a nice, peaceful, calm amusement park with fun shows and the kids can go on ALL the rides there. Check it out: http://www.dutchwonderland.com/

~A

Anonymous said...

How very strange. I was e-mailing back and forth with a friend of mine yesterday--e friend, we've never met, and another e-friend and her go to Lancaster often. I told her the only way I'm gonna get some attention is to move out there. How odd that this happened on the same day. ROFL!

Happy birthday to J! My birthday was the 4th, my sister's the 6th--Leo's rock!

I have to say the Brooklyn pics made me very homesick though, and Brooklyn was the place I lived for only a little over 2 years. :) Man, I'm homesick. (still!)