|Autumn in Queens|
|Ready to gut this thing|
I remember J being the same way at this age. In many families twelve is a very hard age to be and to deal with. As homeschoolers, I find it to be an exciting age where I get small glimpses of who they will be as an adult. 12 is when J's passion for dance started to soar and it's when she got the idea to attend a performing arts high school. 12 seems to be when my kids start really exhibiting the confidence, maturity, and drive to follow their dreams and become something awesome.
Speaking of J, she is having a great senior year so far. She:
- is now working with an agency and is getting paid performance gigs
- finished choreography on her new competition solo for this season
- auditioned for her school talent show (her school only allows the best talent in their shows, so we'll see what happens)
- is taking her SATs next week
- narrowed her college choices down to 9
- already went through one audition (several dance colleges and conservatories come to her school to audition kids)
- will be assisting in her school's dance auditions again (these are in Nov and Dec)
- was part of THIS (that's her in the photo "Fateful Woman"). It was on display at the Studio Museum in Harlem.