Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The AO schedule is still working out great for the kids. I have to say, I'm pretty surprised that we've been with it so long. I truly thought the kids would have gotten uninterested in it by now. W is doing so well, that we're just soaring through everything. He learns new concepts and retains so much history and science that it blows my mind. Math is his favorite and he will do 4-5 pages a day in the workbook without prompting. J enjoys the history and literature readings, loves the poetry and dictation exercises, and tolerates math. She seems to prefer the math workbooks rather than the Teaching Textbooks program at the moment. She always did like workbooks - from like 2 years old. No matter what we use we always end up back to the workbooks, lol.

J's first competition is in 9 days! She'll be debuting her brand new dance and vocal solos. She's also in about 6 group numbers - 3 are going out at this comp. B and I are in a costume and rhinestoning frenzy. It's definitely fun, though. The costumes are stunningly beautiful this year, as usual. The first competition of the season is probably my favorite. It's the first time we get to see all the numbers, on stage, in full costume - and I always tend to get all teary-eyed (and not just at my own kid, lol). Dance has been great for her this year. She takes ballet, tap, musical theater, acro, jazz technique, and contemporary. Her voice lessons are once a week and she assistant teaches beginner ballet and tap for 7 year-olds. She loves being so busy. She's even going to check out what volunteer work she can in the area.

B's band is playing on Saturday night in the East Village. I'm trying to see who can watch the kids so I can go. I haven't been to one of his shows in ages. I think the last time was when I was pregnant with J. UGH.

No comments: