Monday, November 30, 2009

My Favorite Time of Year

We put up our Christmas lights yesterday. Ok, B put up the lights. He gets his creativity on around the holidays. Soon he'll be making homemade ornaments and wreaths and baking up a storm. I do the shopping, the Christmas cards, and the inside decorations. This is the first year we got the outside decorations up before December 1st.

Thanksgiving was lovely as usual. We spent it out at my parent's house in Long Island. Both of my sisters were there too, along with a BIL, a fiance, a niece, and a nephew. As usual there was way too much food and we took lots home to eat all week. Everyone around the table gave thanks for something special in their lives as we all held hands. I think it's great to have a holiday that's all about being thankful for what you have in your life - topped off with a great feast celebrating family and friends.

No comments: