Monday, September 05, 2022

Hi! It's Been a While!

It's been 3 years since my last update. Here's what's happening with us in a nutshell:

K is 28, owns her own hair salon in Long Island (since Feb 2021), and is getting married soon. She and her fiance bought a condo near her salon. K realized it is so much better to work for yourself than to make that money for someone else. K and her fiance have been together since 2010 and this wedding is going to be amazing.

J is 26, married her boyfriend of 6 years, and they have a beautiful 7-month-old baby girl. They live in a nice 2-bedroom apartment about 20 minutes from me. J went back to college and has one semester left.  She still teaches dance, and will now also have a degree in early education.

W is 21 and has been busy working and traveling and making music. He's my only one at home now and B & I love that he's still here.  We're not ready to let our last baby go, lol.  Thankfully I get to see my girls and granddaughter pretty often, too.

B has been working from home since the pandemic started and has recently started going into the office in Manhattan one or two days a week. It's been a great arrangement.

This past May I graduated from my second go-around at college - this time for dental hygiene. I passed all of my board exams, got my license, and I'm currently working 4 days a week in 2 dental offices as a dental hygienist. It was not an easy program, but so definitely worth it. I have at least 15 more years of working ahead of me, so I'm glad I changed careers to something I love doing.

So, yeah, it's been a wonderful, crazy whirlwind of activity over the last few years. Life has been good.

3 comments:

Jeanne Fitzgerald said...

Thanks for updating! I've read your entire blog and have learned so much. Still homeschooling my 15-year-old grandson who loves math. it's so nice to read what your family members are doing now after following you all for years.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all your good news! I want to thank you for this blog, as it was a lifeline when I started homeschooling 6 years ago and still refer back to it for some of your ideas, till this day.

Camille said...

Thanks for keeping this page up all these years. It is a great resource!