Wednesday, November 09, 2005

J went to The Museum of the Moving Image today with our homeschool group. I had to drop her off with T (whose dd, G, is J's best friend) since I had to bring W to school. She had a great time. They went on a tour of the museum where there made a craft (pictures drawn on both sides of a piece paper and when you twirl it around it looks like all the images are together), saw actual movie props, learned how sound effects are created, put their own voices into movie characters (like Babe, the pig), and made a short film of themselves being silly. There were about 10 kids altogether (5 families) and they ranged in age from about 6 to 12. I'm so glad J got to go to something with the h/s group finally!

When I dropped off W at school, the aide came to me and told me that W is "really, really smart". Then she told me some things he did, like ask great questions to the policeman on Career Day last week (and that the policeman commented about it to her), how he is reading well, and that he's "such a sweetheart". Is this the same kid from last night? LOL! It makes me a bit nervous, though, because J was really, really smart, too, and she had nothing but problems. I do see a difference in them, in that J needed lots of attention, was disruptive, and in "time-out" several times a day in Pre-K. He has been fantastic so far - coming out with "terrific" stickers every day. I know I shouldn't compare the kids, but at least this time around I'll be able to foresee any likely problems since I already went through them.

J and W made some tempera paint creations and J had dance this afternoon. Later on we picked up some Chinese take-out for dinner. It's that time of year when B works late every night, but he was home in time to watch "LOST" with all of us. Tomorrow I'll be moving furniture and reorganizing. I hope I get it all done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool about the homeschool group. :) I love that museum. Wahh, I miss NY. So, if you win Mega Millions, will you bring me back so you can meet me and I can shut up? ROFL!

NYCitymomx3 said...

Hi Patrice! Long time no see! How are you?

Anonymous said...

I'm great. Cutting back on Internet, so I will be power replying once or twice a week. It's soooo hard. But we're moving in April and since I'm a procrastinator, cutting back on Internet is helpful. :)

Too bad we're not moving to NY. Darnit. But a good move, and we can't wait--our first house. Yay! And a little house since we like smaller places too and we're small people. I think when we move I will finally start a blog.