Saturday, May 19, 2007

We're back from Day 1 of the competition. J just had her solo today. She got PLATINUM and won First Place out of 13 competing in her category ("Junior Jazz Solo ages 10-12"). She also got 5th Place Overall for Title in the whole Junior Division (age 10-12 in all categories). Effing WOW!

It was a really long day. We got there at 12:30pm, there were like 130 numbers, and one award ceremony at 8pm. We're all exhausted. I'm so glad this one is so close to home. We'll be there at 9am tomorrow for the 2 group numbers she's doing (1 at 10am and the other at 12:30pm). I think awards are at 3ish.

W had his individual and group dance pictures today. He was in full hip-hop costume and was really cute posing. I can't wait to get them. K chose not to do dance pictures. I think I'm going to get all the kids done at Sears or something next month if the homeschool group doesn't do them. I like having at least a yearly shot of each kid.

I love this time of the year.

No comments: