Monday, August 03, 2009

A New Adventure

W has dyslexia.

It's something I has suspected over a year ago, but dismissed since his reading would take off in spurts every now and then. Also, I had no idea all that dyslexia entailed. I have no doubts in my mind, but he will get formally tested soon. I also hear that AO is wonderful with this, which I'm thankful for. I just need to do a bit more research on the best ways to help him. He's cool with it. He feels better knowing that now I know he's not just being lazy or uncooperative. It's said that dyslexia is a sign of a highly intelligent and creative person. W was very glad to know that, although I always knew that W is intelligent and creative. Now a new adventure begins. Bring it on. I'm ready for it.

In other news, both J and W got into the 2-week performing arts intensive! They go every day (Mon-Fri). W is in the 8-10 y/o group in the mornings and J is in the 11-13 y/o group in the afternoons. It works out pretty well since the place is so close to home. Each age group has their own show - to be performed twice on Aug. 15th. Today was their first day and they loved it. Fun and free. Can't beat that.

No comments: