Sunday, March 23, 2008

HaPpY EaStEr !!! We just got home from a day at BIL's for a great Easter dinner. It was so nice to see the extended inlaws and their kids. Last night we decorated eggs and this morning the kids woke up to find all of them hidden around the house. Then they search for their Easter baskets. That's part of our Easter tradition and the kids love it. Then I make sure they share their candy with me, lol. Hey, it's one of the 3x a year I can eat a ton of chocolate and not feel guilty about it (the other 2 being Halloween and Valentines Day).

The week went quickly. J had dance rehearsals almost every day. We did another dance fundraiser, too. She's been practicing her vocal solo - and from what I hear, did very well at the studio. She'll be practicing it all week for the Friday competition. Thankfully this one is just the one day and we can drive home that night (from NJ).

The kids and I made up a fun schedule for the week, incorporating all the major subjects with lots of arts and crafts. They seem excited about it. We'll see how it goes. I've been reading a lot more Charlotte Mason books and websites. That's the method they gravitate towards, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about it. I'm always finding a new activity for us to try that I know they'd love. I'm glad they're having fun with it all. We'll finally be making a wall timeline and do a nature walk since the weather is nicer now.

No comments: