Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Yawn. Nothing much is going on around here. J did some reading today - Mitch and Amy by Beverly Cleary. Then I showed her the World Almanac for Kids website and she did a bunch of science and history trivia quizzes. I noticed afterward she was perusing the 2005 Time Almanac we have and started asking me questions about different things. She finally received a response to the celebrity she wrote to a couple of months ago. She got a short letter and an autographed 8x10 photo. This evening she wrote another fan letter - to a rock band this time. I didn't get to read it before she sealed and stamped it, but she did ask me for the spellings of "especially" and "sincerely". K was so impressed that J got a response that she, too, plans on writing to celebrities. I love that J enjoys reading now and has found a cool way to want to write again. I'm sure if she was still in school, she would have continued to find no joy in either.

W had hip-hop class tonight. He's not staying with the beat sometimes and the teacher constantly stops the whole class to go over and over it again with W. I don't think it's that big of a deal. W will get it - I mean he has until the June recital to get it right. I think I'll go over it with him a lot this week so he can really impress them next week, LOL. Oh, and he's done with Musical Theater. He hates the "girliness" of it and just refuses to participate any longer. That's fine - I didn't want him in it to begin with (the 2 teachers dragged him in the first day), K was annoyed to always be paired with him (lol), and now I'll save $20 a month.

I think I'm going to nix the Christmas photo cards this year and just send regular cards. I'm way too broke and lazy lately. I'm off to bed now. I caught another respiratory bug. Yuck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ick, sorry for the bug. We were coughing up lungs here from Thanksgiving on. Finally we're well just in time for our oldest's birthday this coming Saturday--why does 6 sound so old? LOL! Woo hoo on saving 20 bucks a month. Did they just drag him in based on what your daughters do in class?

NYCitymomx3 said...

Happy birthday! 6 does sound old. W is going to be 5 in 3 months. He's so not a baby anymore. 'snif

With the theater class, they wanted him in there. he reluctantly agreed and reluctantly agreed every week thereafter. Finally he had enough, I guess. He's very good at it and very cute, so it would have been nice if he'd stayed. But I think he gave it a fair shot.

Anonymous said...

I think that's the best thing. Never know what you'll like if you don't try it, huh? Well now my oldest is 6 and she's got her 2nd loose tooth. Wahhh. But now starting tomorrow I can read your journal more than once a week again. LOL! I missed keeping up. :)