Sunday, July 01, 2007

WOW.

It's July 1st already. This year flew by. Yesterday, J went out to a big party with her friend A. They had a petting zoo, carnival ride, and tons of food and games right in their backyard. She loved it. We weren't sure she could go since I work on Saturdays, but thankfully she got a ride! K went to the park with her friends for a few hours. She was happy to meet up with a girl from her elementary school whom she hasn't seen for years. It's a nice, open park and there's places to walk to from there. I can see why it's so fun for her. B and W ran errands, went to the laundromat, and visited friends who own a deli next to the laundromat. We have a washer/dryer at home, but since I'm not getting to all the laundry during the week, B says it's just easier to have it all done at once on Saturdays. It is easier, but way more expensive, so I think I'll start carving out a couple of hours in the mornings to do a load or 2 every day.

So I'm hearing Claudia Rothman has stepped down from being the NYC homeschool coordinator. I can't say I didn't see this coming. We should really go back to being regions or districts. Or better yet - ease up on the regulations all together! So Henrietta Becoat is back in charge for a while. Whatever. I have yet to receive any response to anything I sent this year. I guess I still won't get anything.

Today we're headed upstate to BIL's house. He's having his dd's birthday party by the lake near his house. K spent about 45 minutes trying on every bathing suit she owns - twice - to pick one out for today. LOL. The rest of the week we're pretty busy. J has about 18 hours of dance and a voice lesson and we all need to go shopping at some point. We are leaving for Virginia beach in exactly 2 weeks. The kids cannot wait - none of us can.

No comments: