Friday, September 24, 2010

East Village

St. Marks Place
 Beautiful day in the East Village here in NYC.  W's Lego Robotics class was Thursday and I took some pictures as we walked around outside.  Here is one of the blocks we walked down.  The East Village, known for the punk scene, art, jazz, hippies, beatniks, CBGBs, Andy Warhol, Japanese noodle shops, tattoo & piercing parlors, incredible nightlife, Blue Man Group, Stomp, the Strand Bookstore, Tompkins Square Park, and an insane amount of bars and restaurants, is just...wonderful. 


Right Off of 3rd Avenue






Second Floor Window Display




W and his Lego Car
And of course the Lego class was a big hit.  W paired up with his friend, F, and together they created a brand new 4-wheeled vehicle.  The trick is to create something that can actually move and turn with a wired control.  All the kids get very into it.  W puts so much thought and concentration into it.  The instructor was great again and had all the kids interested and eager.



2 comments:

The Beauty Vixen said...

Hey,
I was wondering if you could give me some info on the robotics class. I think my kid would LOVE that. Thanks.

-Esha

NYCitymomx3 said...

Hi Esha,

Email me: nycitymomx3@aim.com and I'll give you the information about the class. :)

Angela