Monday, September 18, 2006

We had a great day at the playground with 6 other homeschooling families from our group. The kids (ranging in age from 2 to 10) played an hours long game of cops and robbers while the parents had a group meeting. We had lunch together and I noticed W freely sharing everything he had - which was just a refreshing, wonderful thing to witness. On the way home, both kids raved about how much fun they had and how awesome the other kids are. Yay! I love my group!

We picked up K and drove J to dance. Today was the first day of the season. J had 2 hours of company tap and jazz technique, then a kickline class, and finally a lyrical class. I know she had to be exhausted after running around the park for 4 hours, but she did great. Tomorrow all the kids have Musical Theater, then W has Boys Hip-Hop, and J has a mainstream hip-hop class.

K is doing very well so far in 8th grade. I'm vigilantly checking and helping with all her homework and explaining things she doesn't understand. She's enjoying school - it's especially great this year with all the cool things the 8th graders get to do. She has vowed to do her best this year. So we'll see. I'll feel better in the spring once she's accepted to a good high school. Then I'll be able to relax a bit, lol.

No comments: