Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I did a big shopping after work on Saturday finishing up all the Christmas presents. On Sunday morning, B took the kids out to run some errands and I went downstairs to wrap everything. I think I ended up wrapping over 60 things. We got to my mom's around 3ish. We decided it would be so nice to sleep over and wake up with everyone on Christmas morning. Christmas Eve was great. The kids made cookies, helped with the seafood dinner, watched A Christmas Story, and listened to the story of the first Christmas. They all wanted to get to sleep early so morning would come faster.

The kids did pretty well, I must say. K's favorite gift was the chocolate brown Juicy Couture sweat suit. J's favorite was the pink Nintendo DS Lite. And I think W's was probably his new hamster in a cool Spiderman hamster habitat. My favorite gift was the rac 'n roll dance bag for J's competitions. It's a huge rolling suitcase that comes with it's own clothes rack and plenty of space for costumes, shoes, makeup, and snacks. I love things that make my life easier!

My sister and her family came over around noon and we all had brunch and opened more gifts. In the evening, we packed up the car and headed to B's mom's house for another round of food and presents. I think it was one of our better Christmases. I had practically no stress the whole holiday season and the final days went very smoothly.

I never did get the cards mailed, though. Next year I'm mailing them on December 1st!!

COOKING!


No comments: