Friday, June 16, 2006

W had a pizza party at school and everyone's family was invited. It was cute. W's teacher told me that Ms. O - a Kindergarten teacher who is the SIL of my SIL's friend and who happens to know B from the neighborhood from years ago - has "requested" my son for next year. Sorry to disappoint you Ms. O, but we're done. W is not having a graduation I just found out. That was one of the reasons I wanted him to finish out the stupid school year in the first place. Anyhoo, the whole school is having a dance festival on Monday and they're closing off the avenue for it. That sounds cool. The teacher also said that coming to school for the rest of the year is optional for PreK, since they're only going to be playing games and going outside to the playground for the next 2 weeks. Well, that's what W likes to do, so he'll be going.

We went out and bought another parakeet today. She's yellow, the kids named her "Bella" and we all hope she'll make a nice mate for Tyler. Mating season is here and it would be awesome if they get to know each other a little better - ifyouknowwhatImean. Right now, though, they are just kinda starting at each other like who the hell are you, so we'll see.

J and W were out in the backyard today spraying each other with the hose and running through the sprinkler. B barbecued some marinated chicken and made a fantastic chili. Yesterday I did a big food shopping where I bought all the stuff for a week's worth of recipes from Saving Dinner the Low Carb Way. So last night I got bold and made herb-roasted salmon, mashed "faux-tatoes" (mashed cauliflower and cream cheese) and braised kale. I feel like making some healthier dinners for a change and have something different than basing the menus upon what's on sale (hamburger, chicken legs, pasta). The kids LOVED it ALL. Even the freakin' kale! They cleaned their plates of salmon, cauliflower and kale! Are you kidding me? I have to give a huge two thumbs up for the recipes in this book. And they loved the chicken chili too. Wow.

No comments: