Friday, June 30, 2006

Ok, first major work drawback...I can't be there tomorrow for J's performance. My mom, B, K, and W are going though. Mom has agreed to be "me" for the day and get J where she needs to be, when she needs to be there, and fully dressed and made-up. I'm totally starting to panic now, though. B has done this sort of thing before, so maybe I'll just tell him what to do as well, so they can team up. I hate being so nervous like this. The emails from the coordinator are so damn vague that *I* hardly know how things are supposed to play out tomorrow. How the hell are B and Mom going to know? UGH! I'll be making a lot of personal phone calls from work tomorrow.

J had a private lesson this morning, working more on her solo. P said that "her feet have come such a long way". ROFL! That dance lingo cracks me up. P also said she's looking a bit sloppy, but that's one area that's easily fixed. J just dances without a care in the world. She recently learned how to do a back-walkover, too, and does them all day long now. She reminds me of the end of the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie where Violet flips herself down the stairs and along the walkway. LOL!

On my drive home and also from my house I can see the Empire State Building. It's lit up in red, white, and blue for Independence Day and looks so beautiful. It made me feel so proud to live where I live and lightened my mood a bit. I heard on the radio this evening that a poll revealed that the US is the most patriotic country in the world. I can believe that.

No comments: