Saturday, January 22, 2005

J has had so much dance rehearsal lately. It's averaging at least 4 hours a week. She loves it and wishes she could go every day. They have 2 competitions next month. She always practices in the apartment, too. I have to remind her not to thump the floor so loudly.

I talked about homeschooling again with her yesterday. She is excited to begin and the only worry she has is missing her school friends. She says it's like she's moving away or something. I feel sad about that as well. She does plan on maintaining the close friendships she's made, though.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out what to say to the teacher in March. I don't really want to say that we're going to homeschool. I am going to be put on the spot and I know there's nothing I can say to a well-seasoned public school teacher that's going to sound right. She's probably going to try and talk me out of it, telling me what a bad idea that is. I don't want to lie, though. I guess I'll keep is as brief as possible and be on my merry way. I'm not looking forward to that.

K was at a sleepover last night. J went to dance early today with B and W. B then picked up K, went food shopping, and drove home with all 3 kids in this ridiculous snow storm. We're supposed to get almost 2 feet of snow by tomorrow afternoon! That puts this storm in the top 5 worst storms NYC has ever had. Tomorrow all of us will go out and play in it! I'm bringing the video camera! I don't care what anyone says. I love big snow storms.

I really hope school is closed Monday.

No comments: