Friday, January 28, 2005

Um, Wow, this is J's last day of school. I can't believe we are actually at this point already. Her teacher spoke to her yesterday about homeschooling and J assured her this is what she wants. Then Ms. X gave J an awesome NY Museum calendar that has a museum special or attraction for every day of the year. It also has about 30 discount tickets to different museums around NYC. The teacher asked J to write to her often and said the class will write to her, too. I think that's a great idea.

J went in today with about 60 munchkin donuts for the class. She wanted to celebrate her last day. I reminded her to bring home all her stuff and please try not to leave anything there. I feel really emotional today. I guess this change is harder than I anticipated. I'm going to miss everyone I've made friends with and it's going to be weird not having to bring J to school or pick her up (after 4 1/2 years of it). I'm ok, though, and I know J is ok with it, too.

I printed out my letter of intent and B and I both signed it. I'll mail it today (I have 2 weeks to get it mailed). I'm hope I don't cry when I go pick J up today.

No comments: