Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I brought K and J to the playground this afternoon while J was in dance class. W ran through the sprinklers and got soaked (we didn't bring his trunks or a towel, BTW). A big thing kids do at the parks here is bring tons of small balloons to fill with water. W always checks the ground for any salvageable (sp?) ones left behind. He found a couple today and went right to the water fountain to fill them. As long as he doesn't put them in his mouth, it's ok. I got them all a quick Chinese dinner and they ate in the car while we drove to Annie rehearsal. W fell asleep and I got to eat my dinner and read for a couple of hours. We got home around 10pm.

All 3 kids are signed up for free tennis lessons at the park. Tomorrow is their first day. W and J are in the same group (along with J's hs friend, G) and K is in the group right after that. I thought that adding another activity to J's schedule would not be a good idea, but she insists. Well, it's only 1 hour 2x a week and doesn't conflict with anything else, so we'll give it a shot.

J decided she wants to read the 2nd Harry Potter book (Chamber of Secrets). She read a few pages yesterday (yay!!) and right away wanted to take the comprehension quiz on bookadventure.com. She got 100% on it, but obviously because she's seen the movie 100 times. I'm not actually counting on her reading anymore of it - I'm a pessimist, I know. I think when we go to the mall on Friday I will get her a book on the Sprouse twins (The Suite Life of Zach and Cody) she is so infatuated with lately. I know they're people she is really interested in and I have a hunch that is one book whe will read to the end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, my oldest would love that. She's wanted to do tennis for a while now. Darnit. Where's a lottery win when you need one.


That's so weird to me. I remember when I was that young, I liked guys who were older. Even my 5 year old does, but her crush is a cartoon character--safe 14 year old Danny Phantom. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Man I miss the sprinklers. I haven't found any down here yet.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell I'm new to Blog posting? I keep entering and remembering more that I want to say. J sounds like me. I do like to read, and I start a number of books. I have finished books, but I get distracted and stop. But at least the reading is of her own accord and maybe she'll get better at finishing--but then again I will be 35 in a month and I'm stuck on page 99 of an interesting book I started a few weeks ago.

Janet said...

Did J read the first Harry Potter? If so, tell her the second is so much better than the first. As a Harry fan, I say she's got to finish it. It is a fun read.

NYCitymomx3 said...

LOL, Janet. I'm a serious Harry fan myself and have been trying to get her to read the books over the years. She didn't touch it today, but I'm going to put it right out where she can see it all weekend. How can she resist? (and no, she didn't read the first one, but knows the story from seeing the movie too many times).