Monday, July 11, 2005

I had a headache all day and didn't get any of what I wanted done (housework). The kids kept themselves busy, though. K cleaned and rearranged her room. She did a laundry load of her own sheets, too. J practiced her dances, called a girl from the play to run lines with, and went to dance class for 2 hours. W sounded out various words all day, wrote down a few, and played tic-tac-toe with me a couple of times. It was an easy relaxing day for all.

While J was at dance, I went and joined Curves. I'll tell ya, it's not at all what I expected. One little room with about 8 machines and everyone rotates when the muzak lady says so. In between machines, there's these squares on the floor to just "do cardio" on. So, like 15 women can be working out at the same time. You go around the circuit 3 times and that's your whole workout. I was weighed, measured, and entered into the system. Very embarrassing, BTW. I had a fruity little man taking all my measurements and explaining the program. He wasn't thrilled with 2 of my kids being there, but I ignored his apparent disgust. I start tomorrow, wish me luck! (Oh, I plan on losing 54 pounds).

No comments: