Tuesday, July 19, 2005

It's funny. I see the kids really spending their days doing interesting things at home and I'm having a hard time keeping track. All have done fun artwork, cool website games, and reading. The girls made muffins together yesterday and today. J is still in dance "bootcamp" getting ready for Nationals. Annie practice is getting longer and heavier because it, too, is getting closer to showtime. They skipped tennis today since no one was awake by 8 and I just felt like letting them sleep in. There was no protests as they were all tired anyway and it was 87 degrees by 9am. All of us hate the humid heat. It's like walking into someone's mouth. Yuck!

So much has been happening this summer so far that we haven't gotten a chance to get into Manhattan at all. I mean it's only 10 minutes from us. I think August (after the play and the Nationals) will be better for jaunting to the city. Here in Queens, we always call Manhattan "the city" even though we are NYC, too. It's weird. My evenings for the rest of this week will be filled with "stoning" J's dancewear. I bought all these rhinestones and a Bejewler and I'm ready to dive in. I have to do a sweatshirt, a pair of shorts, dance sandals, and 2 tank tops. I hope B is in a stoning mood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I must be the only person from Queens not to call Manhattan the city. I've always hated that and corrected people. hahaha! That and saying "the outer boroughs" It's like saying Diana Ross and the Supremes and not just the Supremes. ROFL!

Ick at the idea of inside someones mouth. I've always hated NY summers--well summer in general, but down south has central air. I could deal with NY summers with central air, hahaha

NYCitymomx3 said...

LOL! And stop bragging about your central air! ;^P

Anonymous said...

ROFL! I need to win the lottery so I can come back and make sure to install it in my NY home, unless a lottery win will be too small by then. My gosh, the RE is skyrocketing!

I'm still laughing at the mouth comment though. I may just have to start a Blog. hahaha