Tuesday, July 12, 2005

J had tennis at 9am with her friend, G, and tried the track and field at 10am while K had tennis. She wasn't thrilled with track. They did javelin and long jump today. J needs fast moving stuff, so the waiting around for her turn didn't go over well. We got home about 12.

At home K invited J into her room to read. J READ AN ENTIRE CHAPTER BOOK!!!!! She even went into her own room to finish it after K decided to do something else. J came to me and was so proud of herself saying she read a whole book (112 pages) in one day. I noticed the book is a bit below her level, but, this may just be the springboard J needs to get her love of reading back. I controlled myself and gave her just a hug and a high-five without gushing about it and getting teary-eyed. I don't want to ruin this. MIL had some more questions about homeschooling and I reassured her things were going fabulously and that she needn't worry about anything. I explained that I had researched this for like 2 years before taking the plunge and that J is now able to pursue interests at her own pace. I gave her a brief overview of what J has been doing over the months and she seemed impressed. I should probably expect her doubting, non-trusting, my-DIL-is-a-freak questions every 2-3 months or so, what do you think?

W played matching, pattern, and memory games on noggin.com today and read me the word "beast" off of his little mighty bean toy. He was a little bored at the park, but now I know to bring a bunch of things for him to do next time. I dropped him and K off at MIL's while I took J to dance. She did her regular 2 hour practice and wanted to stay for the 7pm "modern" class. That one was an 90 minutes. While she was there I went to my first Curves workout. I have to admit - it was fun and cool enough that I want to keep going! (lol). When I picked up J at 8:30pm one of the other moms told me that J was amazing at this class. There was a certain wiry, whole-body move that she did perfectly. I wish I'd seen it. The teacher asked her if she would be back next week. I wasn't sure since Annie rehearsal is usually on Tuesdays. I think I may let her take a Modern class in the fall if she likes it this much and is good at it.

At home, W fell right asleep, K worked a bit on her website, and J drew cartoon characters from memory on paper plates. We are all sleeping in my bed tonight since B is in Detroit at the All-Star baseball game. The kids love that and I do too. *g*

No comments: