Wednesday, July 13, 2005

J started another book today! This one is The Amazing Days of Abbie Hayes. K read it when she was 9 or 10 and recommended it to J. It's more on her level than yesterday's book was. She read about 25 pages. We have the next several in the series, so I hope she finds it interesting enough to keep going. yeeee-haaaaaw!

W played some online games and read some Hop on Pop to me today. I notice that he doesn't remember a word he read if appears in another sentence. For example, he'll sound out "we all are tall", pronoucing "all" with a short "a" sound at first then realizing that's not right, and then saying it correctly. On the next page, he'll see the same word, but still give it a short "a" sound. I don't get that. He's starting to memorize the book at this point, anyway. Sometimes I'll ask him not to guess at the sentence and try to read it as written, which makes him frustrated. I guess I should stop doing that.

J had 2 1/2 hours of dance and then both girls had Annie rehearsal. The girl who played "Pepper" quit so now K is in the running for that part. I think we'll find out Saturday if she got it. K said she is actually happy in the orphan ensemble now, but will take the other part if she gets it. Here's J in her Annie T-shirt (don't mind that I spray-painted out the theater group name ;^D)



Tomorrow is a busy day. I wanted to get to Curves tomorrow, but MIL is going on her monthly trip to Atlantic City. I can't work out with the kids in tow. I don't want to let too much time go in between workouts. I also need to order a gross of rhinestones and a stoning gun for some of J's dancewear. I hope it gets here within 2 weeks! I have so much stuff going on that my head is spinning.

1 comment:

NYCitymomx3 said...

Hi Gertie May! Thank you so much for your kind words! I know what you mean about running blind. It has taken me a while to really feel comfortable with homeschooling (especially unschooling!). This journal is also inspiring to me since I can see so much of J's progress over the months. If you have any questions or need support you can email me at nycitymomx3@aim.com!