Sunday, July 17, 2005

We went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! Very strange and very cool. W fell asleep about half way through, lol. After the movie, I dropped B, K, and W at home and took J to Annie practice. It was just the principle orphans practice. At the end, the director came to tell me that J was so talented. Then threw in "but she's just not focusing sometimes". UGH. I thought I wouldn't have to hear that anymore. She hasn't had a problem with focus since she's been home. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the huge amount of kids. The director said that she was actually fine and very focused today, but not usually. Hmmm, today there were only 7 or 8 kids at the rehearsal instead of the usual 60. That's a big part of it. Too many kids still distract her and she can't pay attention. J and I talked about it in the car. I wanted to know what exactly goes on in her head. She didn't say much. Is she even aware of it? She has to be. I always hear her name being called out - and I know it's because she's not paying attention. Sometimes I have to call to her several times before she "hears" me. (Her hearing has been tested so that's not it). I usually need direct eye contact with her. Sometimes she'll "forget" things I just said or ask her to do. And when I remind her, she says, "Oh right" - so she did actually hear me, but it flew right out of her mind. I forget things a million times a day and I zone out, but I blamed it on age and having 3 kids. Both of us pay attention better when things are 1 on 1. I wonder if she has ADD after all - and maybe I have it, too?

No comments: