Friday, October 07, 2005

I bought W this little $.99 chalkboard the other day and he has been using it a lot. He has discovered Hangman and plays with J. He whispers me the word and I tell him how many lines to put and where each letter goes that J guesses. He writes the "miss" letters in a box on top. He is pretty good at this game and he's getting some letter-writing practice in there as well. All of a sudden he doesn't make many letters backward anymore and his handwriting is rather straight. He knows all th lowercase letters but prefers to write in all caps. All my kids did that and they just seems to incorporate the lowercase into their writing over time.

He came home with the tide pool book again, lol. He sat down in the playground with it wanting me to read to him. Then he ran around gathering as many acorns as he could hold and offered them to some older kids who were making a game of throwing them at each other. J ran around with a little 3 y/o girl and helped her onto the swings and slides. J loves that "helper" role.

J had dance tech today. W fell asleep so I sat in the car with him while she and K went downstairs. I got to relax and read for almost an hour til W woke up. We're all set for tomorrow's benefit. The duffel bag is packed with costume, makeup and extra clothes. It should be a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved hangman. I haven't tried that with the kids yet since they're so young, but it may be a good way to get my son (4 late Jan) to learn his letters. Cool.