Saturday, April 09, 2005

B took J and W down to the ballfield today to watch their friends practice. I told B to take a mental note of the place since W will start Little League there next spring. K made chocolate cupcakes and homemade lemonade while they were gone. She's really an excellent cook - already better than me! W fell asleep on the way home so he'll probably be awake all night. B went to the supermarket and K and J played Trivial Pursuit Junior for a while. We all watched Little House on the Prairie tonight while snuggling together on the couch. Tomorrow the kids have Sunday school and K and I are going to the mall. She was very upset about my decision not to let her sleep over a friends house (bad neighborhood, don't know friend or her family) so I told her I'd make it up to her. We need some 1-on-1 time anyway.

We are going to plant gladiolus bulbs in our garden one of these days. B wants to get that roll-out mat with all the seeds in it that you just add water to. It's only $20, so if it's a dud, then not much was lost. We are also going to try and plant some Easter lilies taken out of a flowerpot. The kids have so much fun gardening and really take care of the flowers from spring until late fall. I also bought some plastic planters that I want to fill with impatiens or something in a month or so. I think they'd look so pretty bordering the garden.

No comments: