Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Today was gorgeous! A perfect 65 degrees. J and I did some reading and then opened up the LHBW paper doll set. She loved it and had a great time dressing all the dolls, moving the furniture around, and reenacting scenes from the book. When that was put away I casually mentioned the new writing book and she actually wanted to do a bit. The first part is about using "sensory words" in writing and she had fun with about a page of it. That was enough for her. But I know she likes it and I believe she will want to pick it up again soon.

W had a good day at preschool. No time-outs. We went to the playground and then to the deli for some sandwiches. My friend M was there too and invited us back to her house to eat lunch together (right across the street from the deli). Her dd, E, loves playing with my kids. She goes to a 1/2-day Kindergarten. We didn't do much else the rest of the day - just relaxed and enjoyed the sunshine.

K is dancing in the school talent show with a bunch of other kids and one of them is having a sleep-over this weekend. I'm not going to let her go, though, since I don't know anything about this girl or her family. I feel bad about it, but not that bad. So of course I'm now unfair and mean. I am trying to be patient and understanding with my almost-12-year-old. She acts so grown-up sometimes and then other times she acts younger than her brother. She will serve everyone a meal she cooked and give her brother a bath one minute and the next minute she's having a screaming fit because J has her stuffed Winnie the Pooh.

Patience, mom. Patience.


-----------------------------------------------------------

No comments: