Saturday, April 23, 2005

I am seriously going to make a written list of ideas to do all week. There already are several outings planned. J has playdates tomorrow and Monday. We are meeting up with 2 hs'ing families - one Tues. and one Wed. And one day we're going to a children's museum. I am definitely going to Michael's craft store one of these mornings and stocking up on supplies. I never want to be at a loss as to what to do. It's hard for me to think of things at the spur of the moment. It's better if I keep a running list handy for ideas. I'm finding lots of great ideas on various websites - especially crafts. J wants to do arts and crafts every day. I think that's doable!

J has been getting antsy about not doing enough. I feel I was too involved in the beginning and not involved enough now. So, I am in the process of finding a happy medium. I know she needs a lot of attention, but I guess I got caught up in the whole "self-directed" thing. Yesterday she wrote out a list of things she's interested in. These are topics we can learn about together. We both prefer the child-led approach but from now on I promise to be more available - the computer and the housework can wait til later.

W was reading and showing me places on our new inflatable globe he got from MIL. Then he grabbed a pen and paper and asked for words he could write down. He did "mom", "dad", and "kid" and had enough of that. He was supposed to go to the Mets game with B but it was raining and they stayed home. B has several sources of free Mets tickets, so they'll probably try again in a few weeks or so. K had a bowling birthday today and is excited to be off from school all week. I'm excited, too.

No comments: