Sunday, January 29, 2006

Today, J had a few hours of dance and we all drove out to my mom's . It was my (step) sister's birthday and we had a nice dinner, cake, and coffee. We got there around 5:30 and left at 9:30. I get a bit irritated being there any longer than that. It was nice that the kids got to see and play with their cousins and see the rest of the family.

I made a decision today to enter the world of vegetarianism. B and the kids are excited about it. I dabbled in it on and off for years and loved it, but usually gave up because I only bought the expensive organic products. We won't be so strict this time around, but will do our best to eat organic as much as possible. B has diabetes and I always thought that eliminating most carbs and eating mainly meat and veggies was the way to control it. I learned that diabetics do very well with this type of diet. Taking control of the family meals is something I like doing - unless it involves raw meat. I can't look at it, smell it, or dare touch it. It's so disgusting so I delegated B to making most meals. I loved when I was vegan and then raw. So, now that I have everyone on board with me this time, I hope to make it work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the willpower to do that. I'm sure I could give up red meats. But I do like chicken and fish. But when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter, I needed meat. LOL! I craved rare roast. hahahaha. Maybe one day. There are some really tasty recipes out there. It's just about retraining yourself.