Saturday, August 13, 2005

100 Things About Me

1. I have been married 12 years
2. I live in NYC and I have 3 kids
3. I homeschool one of them
4. I drink 2 cups of coffee every morning
5. I have smoked 1/2 pack of cigarettes a day for 21 years
6. I think I’m ready to quit
7. I am Catholic
8. I do not practice Catholicism
9. ...or any other organized religion
10. But I sing in the church choir
11. My apartment is on the 2nd floor and has 6 rooms(including the bathroom)
12. I love Oreos and Chips Ahoy cookies
13. My favorite ice cream is butter pecan
14. I am a terrible housekeeper
15. I am a terrible cook
16. I will get back into community theater again one day
17. I love to sing
18. I am nearsighted and wear contact lenses
19. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
20. I hated school from day 1
21. I worked in a 5 and dime store (Woolworths) in 1986.
22. After college I worked down at the World Trade Center as a temp (1991).
23. I worked as an outreach liaison in a residence for the mentally ill/homeless
24. Then I got married, had K, and became a SAHM on June 1, 1994.
25. I did the sing-along at the local toddler playgroup for many years
26. I hate shopping for myself
27. I love shopping for the kids
28. I do all the driving in the family
29. I have spent summers in the Hamptons and the Jersey Shore
30. Andie McDowell’s ex-husband flirted with me at a Montana airport once
31. I won a karaoke contest once
32. I don’t take any vitamins or other pills
33. None of the furniture in my apartment matches
34. I own a 1997 Nissan Quest
35. I am a great speller
36. I used to write a lot of poetry
37. I am Irish, English, Scottish, Dominican, and Portuguese
38. My dad hasn’t been in the picture since I was 5
39. I was raised by my Irish/English mom and grandparents
40. I have always been the darkest skinned person in the family
41. I hate my hair
42. I sold Mary Kay for a little while
43. I am allergic to some cats
44. I can do pretty good cartwheels
45. I was a tomboy as a child
46. My first kiss was when I was 12 at a roller rink – his name was Peter
47. I was scheduled to skip 8th grade (and I would have if I didn’t change schools)
48. I was reading words at 2 years old and the newspaper by 3
49. I have a scuba diving license
50. I have 3 ear piercings
51. I wear a claddagh ring
52. I have lived in NYC my whole life (except for 3 years in Long Island)
53. I love scary movies
54. ...and rollercoasters
55. I have nice teeth
56. Riding in an airplane makes me nauseous
57. I went to Italy 2 years ago
58. I think Venice is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen
59. I used to be on a bowling league
60. ..and a dart team
61. I am good with electronics
62. I am anal about finances
63. I love dollar stores and half-price clothing stores
64. I saved $118 at the supermarket once
65. I could eat Chinese take-out every day
66. I am a non-conformist – usually
67. I love learning about other cultures
68. I can water-ski
69. ...and skateboard
70. I was a vegan raw-foodist for over 8 months
71. I went skinny-dipping twice in my life
72. I am amazing at video games
73. ...but I get obsessed with getting to the end
74. My middle name is Marie
75. I can speak a little Italian and Spanish
76. I can drink anyone under the table
77. I can’t dance
78. I pledged a sorority
79. ...but thought the whole idea was weird and left
80. I love math puzzles
81. I like fishing
82. But the ocean scares me
83. And eating fish grosses me out
84. As a child I used to cry at any road kill I saw
85. I think drinking milk is just so wrong
86. My shoes are a size 9
87. I’m good at softball
88. I spit off the top of the Empire State Building once
89. I like card games
90. I love bookstores
91. I played Mary in the Christmas show every year in high-school
92. I took voice lessons for a few months
93. I love the movie “Overboard”
94. I believe in ghosts and aliens and guardian angels
95. ...but I don’t believe in “hell”
96. ...or coincidence
97. I never broke a bone or wore braces
98. I hate soft pillows
99. I can balance anyone’s checkbook
100. I have learned to love myself, who I am, what I stand for, and what I believe in.

No comments: