Monday, August 29, 2005


We went to a homeschool playdate today! I met 5 other moms with a total of about 15 kids. They were all different ages (from 2 to 11). My kids had a great time and made some new friends. I enjoyed talking with the other homeschooling moms, too. I just felt so comfortable being "on the same page" with these women - not only with homeschooling, but with various issues in our lives. It was great and we plan on meeting up with each other regularly.

The one thing that stuck out in my mind today was how cool the h/s kids are. They are also very polite, generous, outgoing, and really enjoyed the day and each other. There was no pretention or competition. There was no exclusion and no arguments. K didn't want to go to "this homeschool thing" but she came anyway and when it was time to go home she admitted she had so much more fun than she thought she would. :)

When we got home the girls showered off all the park dirt while W brought me a first-grade workbook from his pile. He circled the ending letters of certain words and wrote in the first letters of others. He's ready for his bath now. I'm hitting the hay early tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, my kids would have loved that. Sounds like it was a nice time.