Sunday, August 28, 2005

Yay! I can now blog from mom's house! I did the "forgot password" thing and it mailed it to my home account which I accessed with "mail2web.com". So anyhoo, we're here and having fun. The Greek festival was a bit of a bust. There were a few sorry rides and the Greek music we heard was from a woman selling CDs. Not even a band! We left shortly after we got there. The kids have been enjoying the pool. The end of summer is here so they need their last swim. The temperature will stay in the 70s by the end of next week on, so I guess that really does mean autumn is right around the corner. Good. It's my favorite season.

So B was reading the paper when W asked him who the man was on the page. B said it was a playwrite (not expecting W to really understand what that meant). So, W said, "Oh, so he writes plays? Like Annie?". I thought that was pretty good for a 4-year-old. W seems to understand way more than I give him credit for. He is still full of philosophical questions every day. Yesterday he was going on about fire, and how it can burn off your skin (don't know where he got that from), and how it could make your house "esplode like a buh-cano!". I love the things he comes up with.

We'll be leaving here in a couple of hours. Tomorrow, I think I want to clean, do laundry, and grocery shop. This way I feel set for the week. B will be working til midnight for the next 2 weeks, so we probably won't see him at all. I want to make these 2 weeks nice for the kids. I think I'll plan lots of crafts, shopping, and fun for us to do. That always pleases everyone. I'm starting to feel more organized and together lately. That always happens this time of year. I think I'm going to take out my fall decorations tomorrow! Scarecrows, pumpkins, apples, leaves - my neighbors put out the Halloween stuff the first week of September! I really feel that this is going to be a great year.

No comments: