Friday, August 26, 2005


We're back! Dorney Park was pretty good. We did the park in 2 days - the dry side yesterday and the wet side (Wild Water Kingdom) today. We only spent a couple of hours at the water park before going right back to the dry rides. The girls and I went on ALL of the big rollercoasters - and the free fall (The Dominator). They loved anything that went super fast or had twists and loops. Our hands-down favorite was Steel Force . This has a wonderful 205 foot drop right into a tunnel. The picture above is a shot of Steel Force from the parking lot as we were getting back to our car. It just towers over everything. And isn't the sky gorgeous? What a sunset!

We're off to mom's tomorrow and will be there til Sunday. There's a Greek Festival in Port Jefferson this weekend so we'll hit that one of the days. It sounds pretty fun: "The annual event features Greek food, music and dance, arts and crafts, carnival rides and games; Aug. 25-28. Fireworks Aug. 26 after dark". I love greek food, too.

I got an email today that my h/s group now has a Yahoo email group that will be for listing upcoming events, activites, and get-togethers. It's also for advice, suggestions, and support. They also now have a website. I already saw things such as a non-competitive science fair, knitting, music lessons, Scouts, and gymnastics. This is exactly what I wanted out of a h/s group. I think J is really going to enjoy being a part of it all. I know I will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greek food--drool! But growing up in Astoria, how could I not?? Boy, I've been craving some stuffed grape leaves something terrible! Yum.

Dorney sounded so fun. Now I'm homesick again. LOL! I miss the Dorney commercials.

And the group sounds great. I can't wait to get more involved in my groups--here's to getting my license. Tee hee.

kkyc816 said...

Reading your blog from the beginning. I know this post is 10+ years ago. Does your homeschool group still exist? What group is it?

Angela said...

Hi! I am part of several homeschool groups and almost all of them still exist. Send me (or email me: nycitymomx3@aim.com) your email and I'll send you a list of some great, active groups.

Thanks and LOL that you're reading my blog from the beginning. ;)