Thursday, August 04, 2005

Opening night!! The show was great. I worked the refreshments before the show and during intermission (so I got to see the show for free, haha). Mom, Dad, and B came tonight, too. The girls were wonderful and except for a few sound problems, the whole show flowed nicely - though a bit long (3+ hours).

K enjoyed her sleepover. I took W to the doctor today for a checkup and to get his med forms filled out for preschool. Our pediatrician retired in May and I have been reluctant to go to his associate since I don't like her. But since she still has the kids files and I needed this done, I called. I found out she has taken on her own associate now and I figured I'd give her a try. She was fantastic! I just hate having to start all over again. Dr. H. was so used to my "different" ways - extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering, organinc and natural eating (no milk!), opinions on circ, slingwearing, family bedding, etc. Who knows if this doc is over-opinionated or judgemental. I can tell she's not like me. When I mentioned homeschooling she was supportive but kinda had that blank expression thing going on. Whatever. I guess I just have to educate her, too! She gave W 3 vaccines (UGH) and now he's all done til he's a teen. I hate vaccines. Thankfully none of my kids ever had problems from them. I get them done, though, because NYC is an extremely diverse place, with people coming here in droves from COUNTRIES THAT STILL HAVE THESE DISEASES. So, I prefer to go with the lesser of 2 evils. But, anyway, I'm glad we have a new pediatrician.

No comments: