Friday, August 12, 2005

The heat in this city is killing me. I hate summer weather. I like that my kids are home and we get to go on lots of trips, but they are at a point now where they don't even want to go outside at all. It's going to stay in the 90s for a while with a heat index of over 105. Shoot me now.

The show is still going well. The drunk guy was not let back and the new guy is doing excellently, considering he only had one or two rehearsals. The cast party is tomorrow night after the show. So this probably means we won't get home til like 2am. Do they really expect the 50 kids in the cast who are 13 and under to be functioning after midnight? My girls are begging to go, so we will. I don't mind too much. We have a Sunday call at noon so hopefully I can drag them out of bed by 11am. I got J's professional pictures from the Nationals today. Oh my God. They are absolutely gorgeous. Now I have to figure out how to scan them and get copies made.

I got a letter from the Sup't office. They are reminding me that I need to send my letter of intent. HELLO! I sent that as well as J's 4th grade IHIP 2 months ago! The whole department just so happens to be on vacation this week, too. I have to call back Tuesday. No one ever has their act together. Grrr.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ick, another summer hater here too. The high point of the summer growing up was my sister and my birthdays--hers is 2 days after mine (same age for 2 days!) and going to Coney Island for the day. The heat sucks. Our last apartment, we had the A/C in our bedroom and in the summer, the kids slept with us b/c it was just too hot.

Dontcha just hate red tape? I tell you down here, the office was closed off and on, and everytime they open back up they keep calling reguarding a message that has already been answered. Oh to have a homeschool system like TX, CT, NJ or AK. But it's worth it in the end. What we do for our kids. What's IHIP? Down here (my first year) they send you a form, you just fill out general info, and they send you an attendance sheet. Nothing as intricate as NY. If we ever move back, I'm going to have to ask you for tips.

The show sounds like lotsa fun. Cast parties, you either love them or hate them, but mmmm, sometimes the food is worth it. ROFL! But it's always fun to stay up late when you don't always get to.

NYCitymomx3 said...

Wow, I haven't been to Coney Island since the late 1980s. I used to go a lot as a kid. I remember all the weird stuff OUTside the park - the hotdogs, the sideshows, the eerie quietness of the off-season.

Do you think you're moving back to NY? How old are your kids? My district is really great usually. They may "lose" stuff but I always get good correspondence from them.

Thanks again for the comments!

Anonymous said...

I wish. We can't afford it. If NYC had the same cost of living as Nashville, I'd be begging to come back. Or if I win Powerball--which is weird to say instead of Lotto. ROFL! My kids are 5 1/2, 3 1/2 and 18 months--little. So we're just "officially" starting. Though no one has been or will be going to any school except Sunday school. ROFL!

Me too with Coney Island. I don't really remember riding the rides, except the Enterprise with all that music. But nothing beats CI Nathans and Skee Ball. hahaha. If we're lucky enough to move back (fingers crossed, one day) I'll be happy and sad since the city has changed so much and I may be homesick for NYC the way it was.