Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I'm baaack!!

Orlando was fabulous! It was truly the best vacation ever! First I'll tell you about the competition. Wow! There were over 1000 numbers over 4 days and then a Battle of the Stars on Saturday. The stage was gorgeous and very Broadway-looking. The spotlights and backdrops were spectacular. There was a dance-shop, food court, photo package area, and 2 performance rooms. J's group won Elite Gold for all 3 of their routines.

Now, the rest of the time was spent enjoying Orlando! Our hotel was great and all the kids played all day in the pool, gameroom, and all over. K spent all her time with the 11-12 y/o group and said this was the best time she's ever had. We all got several shades darker and my shoulders are bright red. We went to Magic Kingdom and MGM. We hit all the rides and attractions that we could. One night all the adults got to go out to dinner together while the teenage group watched all the kids. How cool was that? They had their own little party with pizza, movies, and a craft. We shopped a lot, too. Everyone on the trip got a lot closer and I feel we all made some great friendships.

We got home today around 5. B had a gig tonight and J had play rehearsal at 6. I dropped her off and zipped home to pay bills, make phone calls, and make dinner. I am glad to be home. It was hard for me to stay away from the computer for a whole week. Using the one in the hotel was too much money. I took a ton of pictures and will hopefully get them uploaded tomorrow! Wonder where we'll go next year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great time. :) I can't wait to see the pics.