Tuesday, August 30, 2005

This morning J made herself a "money box" out of a small heavy cardboard box. She taped it closed and cut a hole in the top. Then she made a bunch of little crafts using twine, pompoms, popsicle sticks, paper, glue, recyclable plastic, and tape. She displayed everything out on her bed and opened a "store". I see that the main purpose was for us all to go in there and buy something so she can start filling the money-box. I felt bad since I could only scrounge up $.11 to buy a stick puppet. W used the same $.11 to buy a drum made out of a plastic gallon jug. LOL.

In the afternoon, K made us all a nice lunch out of crushed tomatoes, chicken bouillion, and tiny pasta. She loves to cook (and create!) and we all love eating whatever she comes up with. I wanted to clean the whole house today, but all I got done was one room. Putting away a 3-foot pile of clothes just takes so much time. I have a new catalog and found something perfect for my kitchen: The Basket Tower. Tomorrow the kids and I are going to the mall. K needs school clothes and we always have a fun time there. I hope we find some good sales.

In the 4 previous posts you will see what I use for my district correspondence. These are only examples and may not suffice for your district, but they are all accepted in my NY district. I hope they help.

I have also kept permanent links to these sample documents in the sidebar to retrieve them quickly.

There are new photos in the PHOTO ALBUM, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that makes me scared to ever go back to NY--I'm just not that detailed. LOL! Down here, all we need to do (we're only in our first "official" year of HS) Is fill out the forms, name of student, when my other 2 are old enough, they will go on the same form. Submit the health records and at the end of the year hand in attendance. Now they do test down here for grades I think 4 or 5, 7 and 9, but I heard there is a way to get around it by skipping your child a grade--or down here you can also pay for "cover" schools. NJ is supposed to be easy. CT and TX are supposed to be a dream. LOL! If we ever do have the cash to move back to NY, here's hoping the laws become a bit more lenient.

That was cool about the store. :) I love that sort of play. And the dish K made sounded yummy.

That tower looks neat. If we didn't have a very nosy and distructive--LOL! 19 month old (my gosh the messes she makes) I would LOVE something like that.

NYCitymomx3 said...

You know, all at once it really does look like a lot. There really is no point to all the paperwork. I think the state has this need to feel in control for some reason.

I thought the store idea was cool, too. I love seeing the creativity come out.

I HAVE to get that tower. The lower baskets are great for keeping fruit so the kids can help themselves. The higher baskets are for all the stuff they can't touch. I want it NOW, lol.