Sunday, August 14, 2005

The letter I received from the sup't office was actually a form letter (now that I'm looking at it again). It says:

"The Home Schooling year for July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2000 has come to a close. A review of your child's home schooling records indicate that you have met all the requirements for compliance with Section 100.10 of Regulations of the Commissioner of Education and the student will be promoted to the next grade level. If you wish to home school your child for the next school year, July 1, 2005 - June 2006, please be reminded that you must submit a letter of intent for that year."

I think the letter is just pre-made with those words and sent to everybody. I'm going to call Tuesday to make sure, though! It's nice to know that we were successful at jumping through the state hoops. It was our first year and it's refreshing to know that my saved forms can be used over and over again with just some info changed.

So, the play had its final show this afternoon. It's always sad to say goodbye to everyone, but I am so welcoming the break from all that running around. At the cast party last night, the girls got a cute award plaque with the name of the theater guild and "Annie 2005" engraved on it. And I got flowers for being the concession-stand lady 5 times. Tomorrow I want to do nothing but declutter this damn apartment and throw everything out. I want to get rid of the bunkbeds and get chair beds. I want to reorganize every room and have a place for everything. I want to arrange my photos in a scrapbook. I want to pare down to the bare minimum. I am tired of the mess all the time and being embarrassed for people to come over. This time I mean it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deluttering is hard. Esp in small spaces. Whew! And if you're a messy person like me.... hahaha!

Hey, what kind of flowers did you get? That was pretty neat.

NYCitymomx3 said...

Decluttering is harder than anything. And I'm a perfectionist - if I can't get it done right, I just won't do it at all. I have to change that.

I got 2 BIG roses (1 red, 1 deep orange)wrapped in the clear paper with baby's breath - so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love Orange Roses. That does sound nice. But ick to decluttering. I am not neat and I've been told I am a perfectionist--although my husband wouldn't accuse me of being one--b/c I will take my time to do something until it's right--or else who cares? Well I care, but who really wants to do it? Ick.