Wednesday, August 31, 2005

So the mall was an all-day affair, as usual. K was in her glories, as I did allow her to get a few things from her favorite stores (Abercrombie & Fitch, Aeropostale, Claire's, and Hollister). I am not a fashion nut, but K has always been. Even at 2-years-old she cried because bowling shoes were so ugly. So I know this is important to her. I guess it's the age (and the school, and the friends), but I understand her need to fit in. I never fit in and I was miserable. I have been reading about pre-adolescent girls and all the horrible crap they go through in school. If a few pieces of clothing can help keep her self-esteem intact, then so be it.

J and W, on the other hand, got new shoes from Payless and shirts from the sale rack at The Children's Place. Thank goodness they don't care - yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Back in the 80's when I was in Jr High and HS, I wore liquid bright green eyeliner painted number 4 on my cheek and the big shirts with the tail on the back and pleated skirts. Total misfit. I hope my kids don't turn into fasionistas or--what do you call a boy into fashion? LOL! I'm hoping they will be hippies. ROFL! BTW, I LOVE payless. I love getting nice shoes and still managing to be cheap. hahaha