Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I started a new "quarterly summary". This one will go from now til mid June. I have it set up where I can input info every day quickly and easily, then by the end of the year I can just clean it up a bit and send it. I made it much more simpler and readable than the previous one.

J and I did more LHBW today. I cannot tell you enough how reading this book the way we are doing it has made such an impact on J. I never thought I'd see the day she would look forward to reading and then be able to narrate it back to me. I continuously shake my head in disbelief. She did 3 pages of math (10 minutes) and 3 pages of cursive (10 minutes). We did more Stone Age reading, mainly about shelters, nomads, shamans, hunter/gatherers, clans, and migration. Then she begged me to find that online site about folk customs so she could find all the countries, cities, capitals, mountains, and rivers on the globe. This afternoon we all went to the park for a feeble attempt at a nature walk. I insanely chose a park near the river and it was FREEZING over there. W and J ran around the playground a bit and we did get to identify some sugar maples, scrub oaks, and a tamarack tree (I think) with the field guide before we left, though.

K's class went to the Guggenheim museum today. She loved it and was amused at how much "naked lady" art there was. When you're 11, that's really funny. But of course if B was there he would have cracked a couple of jokes himself, sigh. They made sculptures out of marshmallows and toothpicks. When they got back to the neighborhood, the whole class got to go to the fast-food place across the street. All in all, she had a great day.

No comments: