Tuesday, March 15, 2005

We had a nice, productive day today. We did 4 pages of and discussed LHBW. J learned 2-digit by 2-digit multiplication in 10 minutes. She did a bunch of problems I made up for her and actually admitted math was fun. She also loved getting back to the Stone Age with History today. We went over evolution, human migration, and topography before and after glacial melting. She mapped out every area on the globe and followed human migration from Africa into Europe, through Asia, and over the land bridge by the Bering Sea that led into North America. She really enjoyed that.

And miracle of miracles she was reading with K in K's room this afternoon! K finished up Tales of Despereaux and J read up to page 20 of The Giraffe, Pelly, and Me (Roald Dahl)! I asked her later what the book is about and she went on and on about each character, the funny parts, and who did what. She said she loves the book so far. I told her how proud I was of her and she gave me a big smile and hugged me so tight. Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease let this not be a one time thing! It is this kind of major step that convinces me we made the right decision.

And here are a few more brags: K got a 103% on a math quiz and aced her Princeton Review test today. W has gone 5 whole school days with no "time-outs". We found out today that J's dance on day-2 of the weekend's competition won for best costume and best overall production number (given at evening award ceremony her team didn't stay for). A close friend from high school who I haven't seen or spoken to in 12 years called me from California today - we talked and laughed for an hour! And B surprised me today with a $700 bonus from work. I love days like today.

No comments: