Monday, May 23, 2005

J did some more state abbreviation stuff this morning. She skimmed through part of my 50-state-quarter USA book. We found cool USA websites and listened to a few state songs. She noted the size of Alaska compared to other states and made good use of her GeoGenius. Did you know the state fish of Hawaii is the humuhumunukunukuapua'a? Both J and W can say that word all day and crack up hysterical.

K went to the Hayden Planetarium (at the Rose Center for Earth and Space) today with her class. She has 2 big tests tomorrow and I found out she won't be in the same class next year as Crazy Nutjob Girl!! Woohoo. Her teacher called me and explained how the school places them for next year. Things have been so-so with K's friends lately. I am thrilled to death that summer's almost here!

I am going in for surgery at 8am. I'll hopefully be home in the evening or Wednesday morning.

No comments: