Wednesday, May 11, 2005

We went to my parent's house this afternoon. My dad's birthday is in a couple of days and my sister (M), who has off today, came with her new boyfriend to make this big elaborate dinner. She's a chef so no meal is ever simple with her. In additional to 5 kinds of salads, potatoes, and a fruity sun tea, she made a creamy bisque soup and 10 lobsters. It was amazing.

My other sister (G) was there with her dh and 2 kids. W and her son C are the same age and played together all night. The neighbor kids all came over to play, too, so everyone was pretty exhausted by the time we left to go home.

J has been a bit selfish lately - not sharing and showing off a little - even regressing in her language. It's almost as if she's going back to when she was 4. Maybe she is subconsciously going back to a time before school in order to find or regain her old enthusiastic, curious, carefree self. In any case, I'm not going to interfere. Maybe she does need to reestablish who she is. Maybe this is what she needs to do in order to free herself from whatever "school-ness" is left in her. Maybe this is the final "letting go" she needs before she can fully embrace all the benefits of unschooling. Or maybe I'm just half asleep at 12:30 am! LOL! OK, so I majored in psychology in college. It has become a natural tendency of mine to overanalyze everything.

No comments: