Wednesday, May 18, 2005

J took an online reading assessment on mindplay.com. It was phonics and reading comprehension and she scored "above average". She insisted on sitting on my lap during the whole thing and I had to turn my head so I couldn't see the questions or see what her answers were. It's a fun test and she enjoyed it. I was a bit surprised to see that she still scores above average since she hasn't really read anything (for more than 5 minutes) in months.

She was more than happy to read the "Annie" script tonight, though! There were about 35 girls there tonight trying out for one of the 6 main orphans. The 6 girls from Monday all read only for Annie. J read for Molly, which is a really cute part. They did lots of solo singing, dancing, and read-alouds. The director said she'll make her decisions by the end of next week. They both had a blast tonight. They made some new friends and really got a long great with all the kids. I hope they get into the show. This would be a fun thing for them to do over the summer. I don't think it will interfere with J's dance schedule (well, except for that week we go to Nationals). Almost all of my friends are theater people. You just make such lasting bonds with people through theater. I even met B when we did "Annie Get Your Gun" 13 years ago! :)

No comments: