Monday, May 30, 2005

Our beloved parakeet died yesterday. He was playing on the floor and J accidentally stepped on him and broke his back. She is overwhelmed with grief as we all are. This bird was more like a dog than a bird. He was affectionate and cuddly, giving kisses to everyone. He could say "hi baby" and copy our whistles. He ate off our plates and kissed our tears when we were sad. He danced and sang when music was playing. He slept comfortably on my knee and took baths in the bathroom sink. He liked coffee and Cheerios and always kept us amused. I think I was the one most attached to him. I bought him as a birthday gift to myself. I still have not stopped crying. He was not even 2 years old and was the smartest bird I've ever seen.

We will never forget you and already miss you terribly, my little Jellybird.

No comments: