Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I got all the paperwork mailed finally. Of course every time I go to the post office I have to ask how to send something certified mail. I don't know why I can't remember - it was my 3rd time doing it. I think I'll check in a couple of weeks to see if they received it all. I really hope everything is ok. I don't feel like doing it over.

K stayed home yesterday so as not to face her "friends". By the afternoon, she was fine about it and did go to school today. Some girls are still mad at her but she says she's over being upset over this garbage. She came out of school happy today and seems really focused on her schoolwork lately. I told my mom all the stuff that's going on with K and in a nutshell she said I'm not doing enough about it and gave me several spoken-in-anger suggestions that I'm just gonna ignore. I AM doing what I can. K said I'll embarrass her or make it worse if I interfere more. Sigh. I mentioned to my mom that I will homeschool K if this continues into next year and she flipped out on me. She said that since I have no structure with J how can I possibly think K would learn anything. I was so upset that she really doesn't trust me. She has been involved with me from the beginning and I really though she and I were on the same page. I have decided not to elaborate much on what J's doing anymore - or my thoughts and feelings about what any of my kids are doing. She has gotten a little too judgmental lately and I have to learn to not let it get to me.

Anyway, J did some math today on iknowthat.com. She played games with fractions, money, word problems, and numerations. She's also been really into Roman numerals, too. She can decipher any combination up to M. I've always liked them myself. After that, she took out the How to Draw Skeletons book and drew a few. That counts as art and science in my book! Then we read aloud together - another chapter of The Report Card. She reads aloud with such drama. It's fun listening to her. Then J and W went in the backyard pool for a couple of hours in the afternoon and then for another hour after K was home. I dropped W off at MIL's while I took the girls to "Annie" rehearsal. W was only at MIL's an hour before B got home and picked him up. Play practice let out at 8, so we stopped by the end-of-the-year choir party at my church. It was great since the kids didn't have dinner and there was tons of food there. 3 people called me today asking if I was going. I'm glad I went.

An apartment is for rent on the right of us and the people on the left of us are moving out. There are all 2-family houses on my block so new neighbors always make me nervous. It's not like when we lived in the 6-story huge apartment building where you really never knew who moved in or out. I met the guy in the basement apartment next door today. He's very nice and has a 6-y/o dd who never visits him. I felt sad about that, especially since he saw my kids all playing in the pool so happily.

My homeschool group is going through a revamp. We have new leaders and a new newsletter is being formed. We'll have a website finally and more organized get-togethers. I'm excited about that. I'd like to really try and be more involved. There's really nothing like having friends who actually "get it". LOL.

---------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

Janet said...

Sorry your mom has been giving you hassles. Hope things work out better for your daughter and her "friends."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Doodlebops sans makeup picture..You made 3 little girls day : )

Anonymous said...

Just surfing and found this site. Thanks alot for the pics of unmasked Doodlebops! Where on earth did you find the one of Moe without makeup? Thanks again.
T, N.C.

Anonymous said...

After hours of searching, you found what I was looking for. Thanks. I am new to the internet age and I think it's cool how you post your life for all to see and relate to.

Anonymous said...

www.deedeerooneymoe.net