Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'm reading 2 books now: Teach Your Own (Holt) and Unconditional Parenting (Kohn). These will probably last me through the summer. I used to be able to finish a book pretty quickly, but I don't seem to have the time to read as much anymore. They are both such good books so far. I definitely prefer non-fiction, but the new Harry Potter book will be in my hands in the very near future!

J and I read together this morning from The Report Card. Interestingly enough it's about a gifted 10 y/o girl who hides her giftedness from everyone and purposely gets low grades. J likes it. I'm just glad she's reading. I saw her pick up a workbook today, too. I didn't see which one it was, though. She did that for about 15 minutes. She had dance at 4:45 for 2 hrs so K and I went shopping for a few more accessories for the school dance tomorrow. The boy she likes (G) asked her to go with him. For an 11-year-old that means I'll-meet-you-there-and-if-I'm-not-too-shy-we'll-maybe-dance-once-or-twice-together. This whole dance thing burns my buttons but means the world to her so I'm not going to argue about it. Anyway, after J's dance class today they had their first "Annie" rehearsal. It was more of a "get to know you" rehearsal and I'm glad they had fun with new friends.

Here's what's happening in my town this month . And the best thing of all is that every event is within 20 minutes of my house. It's a cool website that focuses just on NYC. It's mainly for visitors, but since there's always a ton of stuff going on in this town, it's incredibly helpful to me.

No comments: