Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm thinking about our summer plans. Today is K's last day of school and I want to do so much this summer. Well, J has lots of dance and both girls have Annie til August. I don't think J is going to do much workbook, reading, or online academic stuff with everyone home, but lots of outings will surely make up for that. I've been making a list of the places we want to visit and would like to try and "do the city" around 2x a week or more. Besides, I'm hoping to deprogram all the school-induced crap/attitude/backtalk/etc. from K this summer. 6th grade just sucked and hopefully now that NLBG won't be in her class next year, 7th grade will be great. We'll see.

This week we need to all veg and relax while I get this apartment in top shape. I want everything UBER-organized and cleaned so that I can actually come home and feel relaxed instead of stressed. It's supposed to rain all week anyway. Tomorrow night B is taking W to a Mets game. Friday, J is going to hang out with her hs'ed friend, G. July 4th weekend is upon us and I feel like heading over with the family to watch the Macy's fireworks from across the water. B is off Monday and Tuesday, too. I would like to go on a day trip somewhere.

I called the district office about my paperwork and the sup't assistant said everything looks great! He was surprised that I even included next year's IHIP in there and said "hey, you're fast!". Yup. He mentioned how they're are currently going over all 210 homeschoolers' paperwork. Wow, that's more than I thought there was in my district! I know I said I wasn't going to call, but I had to know if everything was ok so I don't have to think about it anymore. I'm excited because I kept everything at such a minimum and it was FINE! I expected to have to send more since I read that it's better to see what little info you can get away with and you can add to it if they ask for more. Now I can use those as a template for every time I have to send something. Woohoo! We're done with paperwork now til November!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

So glad your paperwork was approved and got good comments! Yippee! Enjoy your summer off!!