Wednesday, June 22, 2005

J and W just hung out together and played all day while I put on the gasmask and went in to clean K's room. I pulled tons of crap out from behind her dresser, desk, radiatior, bed, and bookcase. I filled 2 garbage bags and a whole huge recycle bag with junk! I have to say it looks wonderful in there now. I didn't tell her, but let her come home and be surprised. She thanked me up and down and promised to keep it that way (yeah, she better!). W read some more books to me. He's doing better and better every day. J read to him, too.

I turned on the tv in K's room and she has it set to MTV. The video I saw was absolutely disgusting and I proceeded to then block all the MTV channels, E!, BET, VH1, and any other channel that shows stuff I don't want her to see. I already had it on a ratings block - anything PG-13 and worse. She protested and cried about it later, but sorry, too bad. Now, I'm no prude, but I just cannot understand how this passes as music, let alone being specifically geared toward teens. It breaks my heart that pimps, booty, asses, "lick the lollipop", culo, and "ho"s are how this country's kids are starting their day and ending their nights. No wonder there's behavior and learning problems.

Anyhoo, J had dance at 4, I dropped W off at MIL's at 4:30, got some take out for us for dinner, picked J up at 6, dropped them off at Annie rehearsal at 6:30, got K at 8 (who did some homework), went to the store for some drinks and snacks, ran around catching lightning bugs with K, picked J up at 9:30 (she's a principal orphan and has to stay later), and got home at 10. And we get to do it all again tomorrow, too.

No comments: