Sunday, June 12, 2005

J's dance recital was awesome! There was a great dedication page to just the 22 company members - 8 members of J's team (8-10 y/o), 8 members of the 11-12 y/o team and 6 members of the 16-24 y/o team. There's also over 100 mainstream dancers at the school. Everything went off without a hitch. I will try and post some new pictures in the photo album tomorrow. I have so many but can't find the USB cord to connect the digital camera to the computer. I'll find it.

J did some reading, math, and geography yesterday on a new site she found called toonuniversity.com. She only played with the sample pages because you have to join for like $20 a year to get the better stuff. I'm thinking about that. She liked it a lot and I like the way the learning games are set up.

Tomorrow I'm mailing all the paperwork. I redid the quarterly. I had a table that looked like a report card with "grades" and stuff, but it looked dumb. My new one says:

J.. is progressing at a satisfactory level or above in all subject matter.

We have had instruction in all the following areas, as per Section 100.10 of the Regulations of the New York State Commissioner of Education and J..’s Individualized Home Instruction Plan (IHIP): Reading, Writing, Spelling, Language Arts, Arithmetic, U.S. History, Geography, Science, Health, Physical Education, Music, and Visual Arts.

We have covered at least 80% of the planned material for this quarter.

J.. had no absences from instruction this quarter, and has exceeded the required hours of instruction (225).

THAT'S IT. Last quarter's was much more detailed but I keep reading that they don't need more than this. We'll see if they give me a hard time about it. I hope not, this is so easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know how much I enjoy the blog and reading about the daily adventures of your family.

I'm a former NYer (Manhattan) who married a Canadian, and about a year and a half ago started hs'ing (long story short, the local public school is terrible). I've also just discovered blogs, so am having fun reading about others' experiences. But it's especially interesting to read about what it's like in NYC.

J in Alberta